Friday, August 15, 2008

The Olympics


The Race Begins
Originally uploaded by UPI.com
Bill and I woke up this morning, and we were both exhausted. Our Olympic schedule has been rigorous. Good thing we have been in training to stay up till 11:00pm and watch all the coverage.

I have always felt that the Olympics were my destiny. When I watch my fellow Olympians, I feel totally connected to them. They are my people. I can't get enough of the inspirational stories. I am moved to tears when we taste sweet victory, and my dreams are crushed when we fall short.

I will continue to work and train and push my self to stay up till 11:00pm and watch every moment of network coverage. Late-night snacks are a big part of my training. I am proud to stand by my fellow Olympians. This is our moment. One world, one dream.

3 comments:

Bill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill said...

I can back up everything Alisa says. I'm forcing myself to eat 12,000 calories a day: if that's what it takes to be a world-class athelete, I'm willing to make that sacrifice for my country.

USA! USA! USA!

I have a lot of carbo loading to do to get ready for the track and field events, and I have to pick up some of those power gel packets up at the store before the bicycling events start.

Adventures of Ardis said...

I don't think it's too late for you to actually go and compete in the Olympics! You could totally beat Michael Phelps' new record and get nine gold medals, totally. I could see you doing a variety of sports...what event would you want to do? Is fountain coin pick up an Olympic sport? If not, it should be.
I just read about your paint mishap at church. That is so sad! But that room looked like it needed a little flavor and decoration, so I think you were just helping out!